Sunday, November 26, 2017

Driving Little Eden: Update # 1

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  Ours was ok.  We did not get to go visit family due to Eden having a procedure the day before and not knowing if she would have her usual reaction to anesthesia. Which she did not!!!  Thanksgiving was a hard day, but ended with dinner with our Chinese Church friends!  The big girls LOVED that!!!

This past week Eden broke her carseat.  So she is using a different one to sit in.  It fits her better, but....it is much bigger.  That means, I can't pick her up in it to put her in the van like the video shows in the previous post, so we are homebound until we get her wheelchair and  van!  God has graciously sent people to help me out.  Different people from church are coming to take my big girls to their classes and therapies.  So thankful for that.  I was planning on canceling everything, but two different families came up to me this morning offering their time to take the girls and even wait with them at their therapies and bring them home.

I want to keep you all updated on the progress of our fundraiser.  As of today, God has blessed us with a little over $1,000!  Our goal is still $60,000.  We have a ways to go, but our God is faithful.  I know he will provide for our need.

It is still hard to believe we need to purchase a wheelchair van.  It breaks my heart that we need one.  I wish she was walking.  I wish she was talking and singing again.  I wish she was not hitting herself or slamming herself.  I wish she was smiling again.  I know one day she will be healed.  I tell her that one day we are going to run and play and she will be pain free.  Her little body will perform perfectly. I long for that day, but until then, her reality is not something anyone would choose.  

Please continue to pray for our family.  Please continue to share our story.  We know God will provide.  


You can make a donation in the following ways:


1.    You can mail a check, payable to Brandon or Amanda Yarbrough, to Shaw Gookin, PO Box 4124  Huntsville AL, 35815.  This is a dear friend of ours that is allowing us to use his PO box for this purpose.
2.    You can contact me directly for our address and I will privately give it to you.
3.     You can send money through our PayPal account by using the following link: paypal.me/YARBROUGHS
PayPal will charge 2.9% plus $0.30 of your donation.
4.    You can donate with an online check via our email.

You can reach us by email: twoyarbs@yahoo.com
                          or phone: 256-457-1833,
                        or message on Facebook

God Bless,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment