Thursday, March 28, 2019

A New Journey on a Road Less Traveled



Well, it has certainly been a while since I took my “thoughts to pen”.  Most of you follow me on Facebook so the blog seemed like double duty to this worn out mom.  But it is now time for a new journey and yes…it is on a Road Less Traveled.  Before anyone freaks out, especially our families…no, we are not adopting again….well not at this moment J. But hey…if the Father says so….

Many of you know that I have a heart for leading worship.  I actually thought that by this point in my life, I would be leading worship in full time ministry somewhere. I’m not doing that, but God is allowing me to lead with an amazing choir at my home church every Sunday, then run..... well sprint actually with heels in hand and lead the most amazing group of 1st-4thgraders in worship. I also get to spend Sunday afternoons investing in and leading our student choir, whose hearts for the Lord, ministry, service, and worship are truly something I stand in amazement of.   Lastly, I get to lead our women in worship at different worship events/conferences.  Not long ago, I realized that my identity has always been in music…..CRINGE!!!!  My identity now is in Christ.  You can do all the right things for all the right reasons, and get it all wrong. That is what I have done my entire life. Now I’m not saying I didn’t love Jesus every step of the way.  I am saying that I let the talent and the joy it brought me be my defining factor; so much so that I focused on the joy of the gifts more than the joy of the Giver of those gifts.  

God has been working on my heart for a long time now.  He reveals Himself to me daily.  Recently, He lead me to an old Bible Study I did years ago with my first mentor Jill Willet, and He has not stopped speaking, revealing, and cleaning house in my heart since.  A few weeks ago, He brought me to a place of complete surrender.  Holy Spirit literally put His hand on me.  The weight of His presence fell so heavy that I was on the floor face down in full surrender of my life.  I am a Slave To Christ. Please know that I don’t share this with you light-heartedly, but out of obedience and so I am held accountable to what I now know. 

Loving God is now the greatest gift in my life.  I have learned to keep my eyes on Jesus, which has enabled me to see things more clearly.  I have new boldness and confidence in Christ instead of myself.  I see God differently.  I see people differently.  I see sin differently.  I am now living life with a purpose.  For the first time in my life, I am living in the abundant life Jesus came to give.  I had been waiting to experience that “abundant life”…..like there was more to salvation.  I had decided that eternal life was the abundant life because my life here on earth wasn’t too abundant unless we were talking about pain and heartache. But that was living with my eyes on my circumstances and comparing my life to what the world said was abundant.   Jesus said the following, “I come that they might have life and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10).  That has made no sense to me and has felt like a promise not meant for me (I know my feelings were a lie). But then God called me into that Bible study I mentioned and I read another verse that I had read 1000 times.  Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the LIFE.“ (John 14:6).  Did you catch that?  I finally did.  It’s JESUS! Jesus, Jesus, Jesus!!!  He is the LIFE.  It’s HIM.  The abundance is found in a relationship with Him.  I am no longer searching.  I’m no longer waiting for an extra dose of happiness.  I am living in the joy of my salvation. Jesus is my abundant life!  God created me, gave His life for me and called me to Himself.  That makes my life abundant.   He is my everything.  He is my reason for living, for breathing, for singing…. for loving.  He is also the reason I am stepping out in faith into a ministry that terrifies me to my core but still brings me joy.  

Over the past few years, we have traveled as a family to churches and shared our story of how God formed our family through international adoption.  I have also spoken at women’s events, sharing on topics about our identity in Christ and how God is in the details of our lives.  Recently I spoke at the Dale County Baptist Women’s Association’s annual luncheon.  After preparing for this event, it became clear that God was leading me in this direction.  I think going the rest of my life without chocolate would be easier than the prospect of speaking in public more and moreJ

The vision for this ministry is two-fold.  First, going to churches and sharing our adoption story with fellow believers – sharing how the God who created us, died for us, and loves us is in the very details of our life.  And hey…if the Father chooses it to bring awareness to the orphan crisis and bring children into families, then that’s a bonus! Secondly, to share/teach at small women’s events/conferences.  

I am no Beth or Priscilla or my dear friend LeAnn, nor do I want to be. I am however, who God wants me to be and I want to be faithful.  I want to serve the Lord in any way He tells me and for now, this is what He has said. 

If you are interested in having our family’s story shared with your church, or if you have a women’s event in your fellowship, I would be honored to speak with you.

You can contact me at twoyarbs@yahoo.com
You can also leave a message below in the comments or private message me on Facebook.

In closing, please know that I covet your prayers for my family and for this ministry.  I will never know all the blessings that God has brought us because of the faithfulness of the prayer warriors that surround us. 

In Christ, 

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this and you Amanda! I can’t wait to hear about the God stories He let’s you in on. Praying

    ReplyDelete