Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ok.  It has been over a year since my last post.  Let me say that a lot has happened.  It has been a hard, wonderful, confusing, beautiful, heartbreaking, heart warming, blessed year.  I cannot say enough about my wonderful family.  I have the most amazing husband.  We will celebrate 15 years of marriage the end of this month.  I thank my God for blessing me with him.  Phoebe turned 15 in May, just one month after we celebrated our one year "Gotcha Day"!  What a difference a year and love make in a kid (and a momma).  Eden turned 5 in April and we will celebrate our 4 year "Gotcha Day" in September with her!!!

Last November, Brandon showed me a picture of a little girl from Phoebe's orphanage. (If you remember, that is how Phoebe's adoption began!) Anyway..... I believe I said, " You are crazy!, Quit looking at those pictures!" Things with the Yarbrough children were not going as planned. Momma could not handle one more thing.  God has a beautiful way of waiting for us to stop depending on ourselves and steps in and lets us fall in His strong arms.  That is just what He did.

About two months later, we found ourselves heading to Children's Hospital in Nashville every week for 4 months for Eden to see a Psychiatrist, and Phoebe started 6th grade in public school.  Over those 4 months I began to see amazing changes in both girls.  This summer has resulted in an unbreakable bond between my girls.  A year ago they would not have anything to do with each other, now you cannot keep them apart!!!! They are truly sisters!

You may be wondering why I am posting after being "gone" for so long.  Remember the picture of the little girl that Brandon showed me last Novemeber???  Well, I finally looked at her in June.  What I saw melted my heart.  She looks so much like my Phoebe Fu (Praise God!! She already has a wonderful family chasing after her!!!).  God used that little girl to soften my heart and help me remember that I am not called to be comfortable, and sit on my comfy couch, with my comfy slippers and warm cup of coffee.  I am called to be courageous!!  I am called to love the unloved.  I am called to travel around the world to love with no guarantee of being loved back.  I am called to children that God knew in their mother's womb but wove in every fiber of my being.  I am called to be an Adoptive Mom!!!!

I want to share the following with you with reserve.  I have been struggling with something this go-a-round.  God is showing me that my fear in sharing is pride and He must peal me like an onion.  I am struggling with the fear of funding this adoption.  Had we stayed in the healthy program 5 years ago, we would just now be getting Eden.  God's plan is perfect and instead of getting our first child, we are going after our 3rd and possibly our 4th , in just 5 years!!!  With that said.....Adoption is expensive and hard.  This time we as a family must ask for help.  I know God said "Go".  I know since He said "Go", He will provide.  He knows the exact amount we need.  Eden's adoption was about $28,000 and Phoebe's was about $38,000.  We are estimating the expenses of  this one to be in the 40s.  We need help.
WHEW!!!  There, I said it.  Yes it was as hard as I thought it would be.  I worry about what people will say. But then, I have to be more concerned with what my Lord will say if I don't listen to Him.  I am beginning to believe that He is calling people to help us.  If we don't ask, they have no idea what God is talking about.  Or maybe, if we don't ask for help, we are robbing someone of the joy of being part of a God story of an orphan getting a forever home.

We started the paper chase about a month ago and we are almost finished!!!!  We cannot wait to see who God has in store to be part of our family.

We need the funding, but we also need your prayers.  Adoption is "Beauty for Ashes" and it is hard.  It is a "road less traveled" and a place where you are not understood, and often alone.  BUT!!!!!! I believe with all my heart that ADOPTION is a reflection of God and His unconditional, indescribable, crazy, amazing love and grace!!!!!!  If you are His child, you too are ADOPTED!!!

If you would like to help us, you can donate through our adoption agency's web site at the following link.  In the NOTES section, be sure to type "Eternal Family Program"  and "Brandon and Amanda Yarbrough".  Thank you for your support.  My God bless you and your family!

                                                 CLICK ON LINK TO DONATE
                                           https://www.awaa.org/forms/payment.aspx
                 
                                                           


We thank God in advance for what He will do.  May He forever be glorified through our family.

1 comment:

  1. Precious journey. Thanks for following His will and for giving me the blessing of sharing your story. Love you!!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete