Wednesday, April 18, 2012


April 18:  Oath Taking Ceremony



Today we went to the US Consulate to take our oath as a family.  We should get FuBing’s visa in the morning and head out to Hong Kong on a 3 hour van ride at 5:00pm.  We are almost home!!!!  We made some great progress last night playing with some dolls.  She read the work “OK” and repeated a sentence, which by the way, when she says English words, it is clear as a bell!!!  I do not understand how that happened.  I guess we have such a slow, southern accent, that it is easy for her to understand!!!  Also, last night, I tucked her in and told her goodnight and blew her a kiss.  To my surprise, she blew me one back and smiled!  Today has been a different story.  She has had a rough day.  Our guide talked to her today to let her know what was going to happen over the next few days.  I think the reality of leaving China hit her after our conversation.  She is doing better at the moment.  We are going to order room service for dinner and wait for her friends back home to wake up so she can talk with them.  I am sooooo missing my family and friends.  I am an emotional rock for the most part.  I can handle anything life throws at me.  The past week and a half has about done me in emotionally and spiritually.  I know God will take care of us and I guess that is what is keeping me going, the hope I have in Him.  He must have a lot of faith in me, although I don’t know why.  I love Him.  I trust Him.  I know He loves me.  I know He loves my girls.  I know He has great things in store for them.  I just wish He would tell me what to do to help my girls.  I wish He would call me up to the top of Green Mountain and talk with me and give me a stone tablet with instructions.  I wish I could be so close to Him that I would have to cover my face when I came down!!  I know that He is always with me, I am just being very transparent. I want to help my girls.

6 comments:

  1. Romans 5:2-5 Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.


    James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.


    SOOOOOO excited you'll are almost home! Can't wait to see all 4 of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been on my mind & in my prayers. So glad that you are coming home soon. I'll be praying for the flight etc.
    Blessings,
    Debbie
    www.hopeandmaggie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing and an inspiration for so many I am sure. He does indeed have plans for your girls and He is using you for those plans. Your faith is so incredibly strong and I am in awe. I cannot imagine how brave she must be to leave all that she knows.

    I pray you have easy travels and your transition to home is easier for you. Bribery and Benadryl may be your friends for the last day of your travels. When you arrive home, please let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you!

    God Bless You!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda, praying for a safe uneventful trip home! I pray that FuBing will be happy and love her new room. Blessings as you travel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you my friend!! I am in VA and will not be back in time to come to the airport. I so wanted to be there to welcome you all home. Look forward to talking and meeting FuBing.
    love you and I will continue praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exodus 14:14 This is my life verse and I share this verse as often as I can. As I have read through these posts each day. My heart goes to you. My prayers are for you. I have looked this verse up in many translations and for you I have picked to share it in the New Jerusalem version "Yahweh will do the fighting for you; all you need to do is to keep calm." All you need to do... Wow just keep calm that is it. FuBing is so blessed to have such fantastic parents. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete