Monday, April 16, 2012

One week ago today we became a family of 4.  What a difference a week makes.  If you had told FuBing last Monday that she would be smiling at me today, she would have screamed at you.  We had a great day.  First we went to breakfast.  They have huge spread.  I follow her and help her when she needs it.  She went back for seconds without asking me to go, so I kept my eyes on her.  She has trouble opening these weird food warmer (you get a steam burn when you open it).  She went to one and looked back to where I was sitting.  I jumped up and ran to her!!!! She needed me!!!!!  What a feeling!  When we came back to the room, she skyped some girls back in the states (sorry for keeping your girls up so late).  Then she started calling on the phone.  She actually asked and smiled.  The second call she made, I bribed her for a hug first and I was successful!!!!!  We then went to get her TB test read which was normal.  Then she wanted McDonalds again.  She eat everything!!!!!  Next, the group of us went shopping on a local island.  It has changed a lot since last time and was not any fun for her.  She did pick out a watch.  OH…last night while she was skyping a friend, she came and got Eden out of bed to show her off.  It was so cute.  We are still not getting smiling pics.  I don’t want to post ones that may embarrass her in the future.  We are about to go eat supper so I will sign off.   God Bless, Amanda

6 comments:

  1. Love reading that there is progress. And a hug? Awesome! Praying things will continue to get better for all of you. I can't wait to see smiling photos.
    Debbie
    www.hopeandmaggie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, what a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like things are turning around a bit. This is wonderful news. Hopefully this is the beginning of something beautiful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you have peace. In the world you will have tribulation ; but be of good cheer , I have overcome the world.

    I am so thankful for Fu Bing's progress. She has come a long way in just a week!!! I pray that she continues to open up to you and Bran. We love you all and can't wait till you are all home.
    Love and prayers,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to read about the progress she is making. We love all 4 of you and can't wait to meet your newest member.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear progress!!!! Praying still!!!

    ReplyDelete