Monday, November 24, 2014

Job 42:2

It is funny and wonderful how God gives us a verse to cling to so that He can totally blow our minds and surprise us when He reveals Himself in it!

I woke up this morning expecting to receive our NVC approval notice and numbers for Tilly.  Through a post on FB, I asked you all to pray that we would get it today.   By 1pm, my hopes were dashed.  I was told that the NVC did not have our file which I was told Thursday and Friday they did.  I was told they would receive it tomorrow and hopefully finish it Friday or Monday.  I posted that it would not happen today.

Then I texted a friend who never candy coats and always points me to the Truth.  She reminded me that God loves Tilly Lynn more than I ever can.  The peace that gave me was unreal.  It is the truth and I believe it, I just lost sight of it in the middle of the wait.  

3 hours after I had been given the news that our approval would be delayed, I called one last time believing that my God is the God of the impossible.  I heard the news I had been waiting for!!!!  I received the numbers we need to file for Tilly Lynn's visa, but still needed the NVC to send it on to the consulate in China.  I emailed the NVC, and received an email telling me that our file is being processed expeditiously and the letter should be ready tomorrow and they will email it to us as soon as it is ready!!!!!

When I got off the phone after receiving the approval numbers, Phoebe said, "Thank you Jesus".  She said she had been praying for it.  I got the opportunity to talk with her about how we serve the God of the impossible.  We talked about how we were told "not today" then we read Job 42:2  "I know that You can do all things, and that no purpose of Yours can be thwarted."  We know what God has to say in His love letter to us about the fatherless, the poor, the voiceless, the oppressed.  We know God said that Tilly Lynn is our daughter.  I told her that what seems impossible for us is so possible for God.  She already knew that!!!  What a blessing she is.  God ordained this day and it's events for that moment with her.  He purposed it so He could reveal Himself to her.  I think she is learning and believing that God loves her and cares for her.  I praise Him for how He orchestrated
 our day!

Speaking of praise....we sold our 4Runner and purchased a great used van this weekend.  Now we can all ride in one vehicle when we get home! 

Needs....Please continue to pray for our girls.  Please pray that God will put our girls on the right people's hearts.  We are still in need of $11,400.  That number was $25,000 two months ago and we have watched as God has provided the funds.  We have been blessed to hear stories of how God just put us on someone's heart and they knew they needed to help our girls come home.  I am humbled by the love we have been shown.  

There are 3 ways you can donate to our family's adoption. 
1.  You can donate to the eternal family fund with our agency.  
2.  You can use PayPal and for a $5 donation you will get your name on a puzzle piece. 
3.  You can buy a Stranded Angel.  

The donating to the puzzle fundraisor or purchasing angels could make for a great Christmas gift.  Each could be given in honor of Tilly Lynn and Lyric.  The recipient will know their gift has life changing value to it!

Hope you all have a blessed Thanksgiving! 

Still clinging to Job 42:2,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment