Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Putting the Pieces Together....

Life around the Yarb house has been pretty busy lately.  As you know, we are prepraring to bring Lyric LaWren and Tilly Lynn home by the end of the year!!!  We have been blessed with new bunkbeds for the girls and clothes for them too!  The excitement is in the air.  China received our paperwork for Tilly Lynn two Mondays ago and should rush the translation and approval right along.  Then we have to send off for her immigration approval and Visa.  After we apply for her Visa, we wait 10 days for her Article 5 and then we wait for our Travel Approval from China!  After the travel approval is received, we should travel about 2 weeks later!!!

We are doing a few things to raise the funds, but before I talk about them, I want to share my heart on this issue.  I hate asking for money or anything for that matter.  What I and every other adoptive parent know is how expensive it is to adopt.  I get nervous and even scared to ask for donations even when there is a product to give.  Here's why....I feel like people are thinking that we shouldn't be adopting if we can't pay for all the expenses that accompany bringing a child home.  Here's what I know....I can't leave a child an orphan just because of finances. I can't leave a child an orphan because I am too proud to ask for help.  I can't leave a child an orphan because I am too afraid of what others will say.  That is how I feel...Here is what I know.  The donations don't go to me.  The donations that you give, go to further God's kingdom.  My girls, all 4 of them, had little to no chance of experiencing the love of God or knowing Jesus Christ as their Lord, as their Savior, as their Comforter or any of the roles that He plays in our lives (Healer, Lover of my soul, Wonderful, Councelor...).  Now, they will grow up in a family that is in love with Jesus. They will feel His love and I believe with all my heart as a momma that they will accept His free, priceless gift of salvation one day.

Ok, with my heart out in the open, here are the things we are doing to raise the remainder of the funds.  First, if you remember, I was scared to say yes to God's call to adopt this time because of our finances.  I prayed and said yes, but I begged Him to provide all the funding.  Before we were blessed with Tilly, we were getting ready to go to China and we were $10,000 short.  The day we said yes to Tilly, we became about $25,000 short and only had about 3 months to raise the funds.  Within 3 weeks $8,600 has been donated.  Our God is sooooooo good.  He has never failed us.  He is always faithful.  So here we are and we need $16,400 all in less than 2 months.  I have faith that God will provide.

Opportunities to Give:
1.  We are selling Stranded Angel charms again....remember, there are millions of "Stranded Angels" needing a family to say "YES" to them.  These charms serve as a reminder to pray for these precious angels. The charms also bring orphan awareness.  We will be able to mail them out anywhere in the country.  They are $10 each and there is a $5 mailing fee.  Large orders may require an increase in the $5 mailing fee, but I will let you know if that is the case. I will be setting them up and labeling them  with numbers and will take a picture and post it next week.  You can email me at twoyarbs@yahoo.com with your selection and address.  Next, you can donate using the PayPal button on the right hand side of our blog, then I will mail your order!

2.  For our local friends, we are holding a Family Photography session on October the 18th from 8-5.  My dear friend, Melanie Robertson is hosting this event and is the photographer.  She is providing the photo shoot and a CD for a minumum  donation of $100.  We have 8 slots.  Please contact me if you would like information or if you are ready to sign up for your session.  I will be posting more about this in the near future.  I am very excited about this!

3. We are also doing a Puzzle Fundraiser, hense the title of the post:)  We have a puzzle of the Forbidden City in China.  For a $5 donation, we will write you name on the back of one of the puzzle pieces.  Once completed, we will frame it and hang it in our home.   It will serve as a reminder of all the love people showed our girls.

4. You can also click on the red heart donate button on the right hand side if you want to donate to our Eternal Family Fund set up by our adoption agency.

5.  Lastly, I have been blessed to lead women's worship with Deanna and Kimberly at our church for a few years.  Deanna wrote a song for my family entitled "Lyric's Song".  She, Kimberly and my friend Gwen (another worship leader at our church) are going to record it for us.  When it is done, you will have the opportunity to download it for a donation.  

Thank you all for your prayers and the role you are playing in bringing our family together!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment