Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Time...In China

I am sitting in my room, alone for the moment, and thinking about Christmas in China.    As I prepared for China and packed what few gifts I could, I failed to realize the impact spending Christmas in China would have on me.

I see Christmas trees and decorations in every shop and it is a sweet reminder of home.  I see "Merry Christmas" signs and Santa Clauses everywhere.  I hear "Rudolph" and "Jingle Bells", "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause".  All that has been nice, but what has gotten me, is hearing carols of the proclamation of Jesus' birth.  "What Child is This" has flooded my mind and my heart with sadness.  "This, this is Christ the King!"...Oh how I long for the people of China to know this King!  I want them to know why they are celebrating Christmas.  I want them to know the Reason for this season.  I want Him to flood their lives.  I want them to have the freedom to worship Him.  I want my girls' "Belly Mommys" and biological fathers to know the one that gave them life came to them some 2000 years ago as a baby.  I want them to experience the forgiveness He has given them for the choices they had to make.

 I feel so small.  I can't change anything.  I can't proclaim Him here.  I look at these faces and study them as I pass by or sit for a meal.  I only have one day left in Xi'an.  Am I the only chance many will have to meet their Creator this side of eternity?  I am burdened for these precious people.  Will this burden move me to action, or will I tuck it inside and continue life back home where I can communicate and have the freedom to share?  Do I love the precious lives God created enough to simply tell them of His love for them?  Will I be brave or a coward as I have my whole life?  I am a vapor in time, yet I have a purpose.  Do I love the One who gave His life for me enough to give my life for Him and live out that purpose?  To give Him my time, my love, my schedule, my talents...?  I thought I did until I experienced Christmas time in China.





By the way, this is a real gingerbread house.

Santa's expression is perfect for this little one.











                                                          and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! You have expressed the feelings I have each time I'm in China so beautifully. Small, helpless, desperate for China to understand Jesus...I have to rest that God is so much bigger! Praying for you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete