Friday, December 19, 2014

She Said Yes and I had a Margarita!!!!

As we started out our day, I could not help but let fear creep in my heart and mind.  When you adopt a child under 10, the adoption is quite certain, but when you adopt a child over 10, the child has the right to say "no".  I get it, but a child is deciding their fate with no clue of the consequences of that decision.  Ever since the first of September I have fought the fear of hearing Tilly say no.  The fear of loving her and falling like crazy for her only for her to reject that love has, at moments, almost paralyzed me.   God has given peace through His word and through knowing His heart for the orphan, but every once in a while that ugly fear would raise it's joy stealing head and haunt me.

This morning, I asked our guide Sherri, if the director would encourage Tilly to say yes.  She said they would not.  Later she told me she meant they would not force her.  We walked into Civil Affairs and began our interview as the girls sat and chit chatted away (we are sooooo loving that)!  We came to the point where it was Tilly's turn to decide whether or not she would choose to be part of our family.  I held my breath as she said the word I had been hoping and longing to hear, YES!!!!!!!!
The weight I had been carrying around and should have placed on my Jesus months before was lifted.  For the moment (and I am hoping it is a long moment:) my family became complete!  A family of 6!  Today Dang Ge became Tilly Lynn Yarbrough!!!!!  

As we left Civil Affairs, I braced myself for her tears.  I prepared myself for anger and fear.  There was none.  Tilly Lynn continued to reach out and talk all day.  She continued to seek us out for approval of what she was doing or to show us something she was interested in.  She is doing great!  

I know you are all eager to find out more about these two beautiful additions to our family, but I am just learning about them.  I don't know much yet.  I am planning to blog about each one's personality later next week.  As for now, we are figuring things out and having a ball!

Oh...Brandon and I had a chuckle today.....We were heading back to the hotel and were going to go get lunch.  We were thinking about trying a pizza place but would need to take a taxi.  After we worked out all the details on how to take the taxi and where the place was, Brandon, Sherri, and I all had the same revelation and practically at the same time said, "Wait, how are we (you) all going to fit in a taxi?"  Needless to say, we walked to a different restaurant for lunch and decided to ordered pizza delivery for supper!!!! I just think it is kind of funny how we became a "big family" over night!  

The girls decided to draw and color this afternoon.  Lyric and Tilly practiced writing their names.  Tilly chose to put her Chinese name on her art work.  

Another...OH.....I love pizza in China.  I told you we planned to have it for supper.  I actually called and ordered it.  Sounds like a big deal, but when the person on the other end answered, they said "hello".  I said "do you speak English?"  She said "yes, are you Sherri's friend!!!!"  Yay...our guide had told her about us.  This was going to be easy......HA!  
I ordered a "large cheese pizza." 
She says, " a large Margarita?" 
 "No....a large CHEESE pizza".    
"Yes...a large margarita."  
 "No...a large CHEESE pizza."   
"Yes...Margarita is cheese pizza"  
"OK... one large MARGARITA please!!!!"

It was de-lish and the girls enjoyed it!  B and Phoebe had a veggie pizza with no cheese...booooo!!!

We are about to head to bed early tonight... Terra-Cotta Warriors are on the agenda for tomorrow!!!!  I love history and cannot wait!  It will be a long day again, then a day of rest which just happens to be Sunday!  Did not plan it that way, but I think I know Who did.  

















1 comment:

  1. You're doing great! Adopting two in the same trip isn't easy. Your neck must feel like a dashboard doggy, bobbing between all the girls. I remember that being such a surprise to me as I went from a mom of one to a mom of two, and mine happened 19 months apart. Enjoy sightseeing!

    ReplyDelete