Monday, December 15, 2014

We Got Her!!!

This morning started bright and early with 4 hours of sleep.  Had a d-lish breakfast and headed to CCCWA to meet our daughter.  My hopes were soo high that she would have a good experience. She walked in with tears in her eyes and the guide said she was scared.  My heart sank in my chest and flashbacks of Phoebe's Gotcha Day flooded my mind.  Lyric walked straight up to me and put her head in my chest and cried. I just held her.

A moment later, Phoebe discovered Lyric was not scared, but had gotten car sick.  I brought out the bottled water and a snack.  Within a couple of minutes, she was in my arms again....with smiles, hugs, and kisses.  Then it was off to Daddy (she calls him Baba) for hugs and kisses.  She quickly rubbed her mouth after kissing him. Rubbed his beard and then decided that he gets blown kisses!!!

She and Phoebe spent the next hour talking and looking at her new goodies.  We took our red book picture (family picture for her adoption document) and then headed back to the hotel led by a little girl giddy and jumping and playing!!!!

Once we reached the hotel, we had lunch at our favorite noodle shop.  She enjoyed it.  Afterwards, we had to go to the store to buy mommy a coat.  It had been cold at CCCWA.  Her coat was beautiful but was more like a jacket, so I had wrapped her up in mine.  She decided she liked it, so of course it became hers!  We also picked up some snacks for the orphanage and the girls each chose a snack for themselves.

Lyric got her first experience on an escalator.  That was a hoot!  Everywhere we ventured, she was holding our hand.  When she does something funny or something she is proud of, she either comes to us or yells out Baba or Mama.  When she needs something, she comes to us.  I was worried that she would want Phoebe Fu to do everything for her, but she wants to play with Fu and have us take care of her!!!

At dinner, the honeymoon began to fall apart.  One second there was laughter, the next, those big, beautiful, brown eyes were filled with tears.  I immediately went to her and she let me hold her.  She was trying hard not to cry (Phoebe said they told her not to cry).  I told Fu to tell her that she could cry and that is was ok to be sad.  I told her we could call China Momma after dinner, and even in America she could call.  I told her that China Momma was special and we could always talk with her.  The tears were replaced with a smile again.  She had made herself upset and could not eat her dinner, so we headed back to the room but not before she attacked me with hugs and kisses again!

She and Fu spent the evening talking with the different China Mommas.  I spent it sleeping, and B spent it fighting sleep!

At 8, they decided to go to bed, but are laying over there just a chatting!

I need to tell you all that I was a little nervous that Phoebe would have a hard time here in China, that she would go backwards.  Let me tell you, she has taken ownership of her role as a big sister with a new little sister.  She has been helpful, yet sat back and let us parent.  She orders our meals and tells us what others are saying.  I can't imagine doing this without her.  At dinner, Brandon commented that she had grown up on this trip.  She has been amazing and we are truly blessed.

Tomorrow we head back to finalize the adoption then spend the day as we wish.  Two little girls just got out of bed.  The little one has decided she is hungry now.  So.....sleep is still a ways off.  Daddy is warming noodles and I got kisses, good trade off if you ask me!

I know you have all been waiting for pics, so here you go.....

                                                                  Waiting....

                                                                  Here she is!!!!














3 comments:

  1. Amanda, Lyric is beautiful and I praise God for such a sweet Gotcha Day! Please tell Jane we said, hello!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy! What a sweet day. Thank you for letting us be a part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations !
    very happy for her and you.
    Best regards from France
    Severine mother of a little boy from Huainan

    ReplyDelete